It’s the end of October. As the nights draw in, the clocks change, and the mercury in the thermometer drops, it’s time to hang up my boots for the winter.
I’ve put together a selection of my highlights for this year and, for those that like numbers, some of the statistics too.
….to all those that attended a course with me throughout 2019, and to all those in the community who help by providing spaces for small businesses like Mapology to put on courses in lovely, friendly locations!
Thank you also to the Midlothian Ranger Service for inviting me to run courses as part of the Midlothian Outdoor Festival in August. I look forward to joining again in 2020.
If you hadn’t heard, I was also nominated, and won, an award for…
“The Best Outdoor Learning Course Provider – Scotland”
… at the 2019 GHP Fitness and Nutrition awards. The fact that one of my participants put the effort in to nominating me for this gives me a warm feeling inside!
Getting 20.20. ready
I’m busy putting together dates for 2020, and hope to have a new course to offer for those that want to learn a little more about using technology in an outdoor environment. These should be released in November, in the meantime, remember you can purchase gift cards for all Mapology courses.
Some Interesting facts
- 68 participants across all the 2019 courses
- Consistent 5* Reviews across Facebook and the website
- Many, many, many cups of tea drunk and biscuits eaten
- Over 75km walked by me on courses
- Only TWO courses had wet weather all year!
- New advanced course run for the first time
- New course venue at Vogrie Country Park
- Only twice did I forget the keys….
If you want to see a short infographic from the year, and a couple of my favourite quotes from the feedback are below too.