We are a firm believer in being open and transparent with the way we collect and use personal data. We want you to know exactly what will happen with your data if you attend one of our courses, buy a product, or sign up to the Mapology newsletter.
This page should give you this information, but if you have any additional questions then please do not hesitate to get in contact.
[maxbutton id=”7″ ]
Mapology are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) (GDPR). We are the Data Controllers for any data provided directly to us.
We are using information about you because you have given us your consent by:
- Signing up to our newsletter
If you have booked a course with Mapology, or enquire about a service or product offered by Mapology, we are using the information gathered during these processes as a legitimate business interest.
Why we collect your information:
The information you provide to Mapology will be used to deliver and improve the services and products we provide, to ensure that you receive relevant information. Your information will be processed by Mapology to:
- Provide relevant information on the service or product
- Assist in providing your safety and well-being whilst you are taking part in a Mapology activity
- Provide post-activity surveys & feedback requests
If you have opted-in to receive our newsletters, we will also use your personal data to:
- Keep you up-to-date with news about Mapology’s services and products, as well as other relevant activities
Mapology will use one or more external companies to process information about you behalf of Mapology. Mapology remains responsible for the information and will ensure it is kept securely.
We use the following companies to process your information:
- Automattic: To process bookings through our website (using woocommerce)
- Stripe: To process card payments on our website & send out invoices for bookings not paid for by card
- Mailchimp: to send out our newsletters
- Hubspot: to manage customer relationships
- Pirate Forms: To collect queries via our website contact form
- Google Drive: To store and access data.
- Google Forms: To record post-event surveys and feedback
- Google Analytics: To monitor website usage when agreeing to cookies
By providing accredited programmes, we are required to share information with the following organisations:
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award: to share information on participants that attend Duke of Edinburgh Award training or expeditions
- National Navigation Award Scheme: to share information on participants that attend NNAS certified courses
- Tahdah: to sign up participants to the National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS)
- John Muir Award: to sign up participants to the John Muir Award
How we store your data
- Google Drive: We store your data in a digital format on Google Drive. In order to ensure this data is safe, data held on Google Drive may be transferred outside of the E.U. Google Drive is a Google Cloud service which is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
- Hubspot: In order to ensure this data is safe, data held on Hubspot may be transferred outside of the E.U. Hubspot is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
- Mailchimp: In order to ensure this data is safe, data held on Mailchimp may be transferred outside of the E.U. Mailchimp is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Hard Copy: Medical and consent forms are also held securely in hard copy (printed) format until the dates set out below elapse.
How long we hold your data
We will hold the personal data you provided us in accordance with our data retention schedule.
Data collected when booking a course: If you book and attend a Mapology course, we will securely destroy data collected during the course booking process 3 years after the end of the course. If you do not attend the course for any reason, we will securely destroy the data collected on booking 1 year after the end of the course.
Data held on course Medical and Consent form: We will securely destroy the data collected on the course Medical and Consent form three years after the course you attended or, for those aged under 18 years old at the time of the course, when you reach 21 years of age.
Newsletter sign-up: If you have opted to receive the Mapology newsletter, we will keep hold of your data until you opt-out of the service.
Data collected through website tracking: We hold this data for 26 months after your last visit to our website. After this time the data collected will be deleted.
If you have any questions, or if you would like your data to be deleted, please contact us directly: