We like to keep our courses numbers low so that you get more personalized training and a better experience. On our 1-Day Advanced Navigation course you will learning to:
- Use contours and fine detail as a prime method of navigation
- Accurately track current location
- Relocate using back bearings and aspect of slope
- Select appropriate navigation strategies for the situation, including considerations for the weather and potential emergency situations
- Recognise navigational errors and apply appropriate relocation techniques
Important Notes: Included in the price is Tea & Coffee throughout the day, but you’ll need to bring your own lunch. The afternoon will be predominantly outside (weather permitting), so please bring appropriate clothing for the weather.
At advanced level, we provide all resources for the session except maps. Exact requirements for maps (1x Ordnance Survey Landranger and 1x Ordnance Survey Explorer) will be sent out alongside the information forms. Although we can provide compasses, it is strongly recommended that participants bring their own for familiarity.
[maxbutton id=”8″ url=”https://mapology.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Mapology-1-Day-Navigation-Kit-List.pdf” ]
[maxbutton id=”7″ ]