Duration: Overnight, meeting at 6pm and finishing roughly 10am the next morning.
What the course covers:
- An introduction to wild camping and the Scottish Outdoor Access Code
- Kit: What you need to take and how to pack your bag ready for a wild-camping experience
- Planning your trip: where to go before you start out, using a map to determine where might be appropriate to wild-camp
- Choosing your campsite: what to do when you arrive at the proposed site
- Pitching up: getting the campsite in place ready for an awesome evening!
- Food: Looking at an evening meal, and how you can cook this (and it would be rude not to eat it too!)
- A short night-walk / night-navigation session (weather dependent)
- Good Morning! How to pack up efficiently and what you need to remember before you leave
- A Qualified and Experienced Instructor
- Kit hire – including tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, stoves, and headtorches
- An evening meal and breakfast, as well as plentiful amounts of tea and coffee throughout.
We ask that you bring a selection of warm clothes as well as some other key items which are outlined in the kit list below. If you would like to bring your own camping equipment then that’s great, but we recommend that you check with us before the course starts to make sure it’s suitable!